[Image Description: Background is several triangles in a circle like a pie alternating from true red, scarlet and black. A robin is sitting on his perch looking to the right.
Top Text: “EXCUSE ME. CAN YOU TELL ME - ”
Bottom Text: “NO.”]
No, you cannot have a discount on it. No, it doesn’t come in any other colors. No, we don’t have any more in the back. No, I am not going to let you cut in front of the line. No, you can’t come in to ‘just look’ after we close. No, I don’t know where the nearest car wash is. No, I don’t know if or when we’re getting more in. No, we don’t do alterations in the store. No, I have no idea if this will fit your cousin. No, that is not my natural hair color. No, I don’t want to hear your racist/sexist joke. No, I will not take your money that you just pulled out of your bra/shoe/pants. No, I can’t break the rules “just this once” for you. No, your bratty little child is not adorable. No, I’m not going to tell you what I’m doing after work. No, you can’t return it after you wash it. No, you can’t have cash back. No, I do not get paid enough to deal with this shit. No. No no no no NO.
A helpful starting guide to body positivity.
I was looking through old photo’s at the weekend found a couple of nice family ones <3
Posts like this disgust me.
Nobody who is truly suicidal gives a fuck what anyone else thinks. They don’t care how many notes something gets or how long they will put it off for.
This is for attention and disgusting. You are trying to get attention off something that is a serious matter and is a disgrace.
I know because I was suicidal at a point last year. When I was un-medicated and my Major Depressive Disorder was at its peak. It didn’t make a difference what anyone said or did because it is a deep rooted mental issue.
Stop making posts like this.
THIS ^ THANK YOU.
Just recovering from one of the worst ever trips back from Glasgow yesterday and overnight.Was on the last Glasgow flight.
Now we know weather will disrupt flights and ferries but at least the staff running them could be a bit helpful..? Well you would have thought.
Long story but there was fog at Sumburgh, though Scatsta was in bright sunshine. When I brought this to the unhelpful snippy ground staff’s attention ( Menzies Aviation) in Glasgow, she threatened to call security and throw me off the flight for speaking out of turn by letting the other passengers know, and then said we couldn’t land at Scatsta because one side of that airport was in sun the other in fog?!
Most folk were cancelled and offered refunds, and sent on their way with no flights booked and none available until thursday, though two poor passengers had been travelling for hours.I heard them not bothering to tell a passenger who had travelled by plane from Canada that she could get a boat from Aberdeen the next day, or plane from Inverness, Aberdeen or Edinburgh,just told she couldn’t get a plane from Glasgow until thursday or friday and sent away. To my eternal shame at that point I didn’t speak up in case I was not allowed on the plane by this woman.
No extra planes were to be put on to deal with the backlog.
The rest of us including two over 80s opted to travel,risking maybe or maybe not being able to land,and then being put to the boat from Orkney, but the staff couldn’t help with a berth, reclining seat and they couldn’t help us with transport to get our cars.
We were on our own ,she said..(The last time I met ground staff like that was Aeroflot in Moscow circa 1986..).. ‘better if we had been cancelled and where was Shetland anyways?’
It turned out that the Flybe cabin staff could’t have been more helpful and did let Orkney know we were coming and a bus was waiting, we were fed in Orkney,( not given a drink or even a cup of tea though), and given boat vouchers for breakfast, and loaded on to the ferry, most of us given no hope of a reclining seat.
We were then at the mercy of Serco, who treated us( nearly 100 passengers) as second class citizens.
They have put dividers on the seats to stop any passengers like us without cabins or recliners lying down, they barricaded our way into the breakfast area, demanding extra money for breakfast, as the vouchers provided by Flybe didn’t cover a coffee and roll and bacon and most of us spent a very uncomfortable night.
As passengers we helped look after the over 80s, and developed a cameraderie in adversity. However no one in authority in ether the boat, Serco, Loganair or Flybe made any attempts to help these very elderly, which is just not good enough. No. Not good enough at all. So if you think that your elderly mother will be well looked after if you send her on the boat or the plane and something goes wrong then think again..
The colour of this crack changes to a darker version of your blog colour.
GET ON MY BLOG
OmF there’s a crack of space and time on my blog.
I need feminism because my self-worth is not equivalent to a man’s sexual appraisal of me.
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD READ THE ABHORSEN CHRONICLES:
- BADASS FEMALE PROTAGONISTS: from Sabriel the prefect of an all-girls school to Lirael a shy librarian both of whom turn into duty-bound zombie killing soldier priests who rescue princes and battle necromancers and fight against what is effectively a trapped god, you can keep your Hermione’s and Katniss Everdeen’s thanx (and can we just talk about how the girls in the school TOTALLY JUMP INTO HELP THE SOLDIERS AGAINST KERRIGOR DESPITE KNOWING THEY’RE PROBABLY GOING TO DIE??)
- INCREDIBLE WORLD BUILDING: set in two neighbouring kingdoms - one resembling 1930’s britain the other a medieval fantasy realm that’s fallen into anarchy plagued by Death NOT TO MENTION the world-weary soldiers manning the wall who are sick of your necromantic bullshit
- TALKING ANIMAL COMPANIONS: not as cheesy as you think, since one is a sarcastic cat spirit who is scary as fuck when his true form is revealed and the other a wizened grandmotherly-like dog who rips out undead throats
- COOL MAGIC: though it’s complicated it isn’t once confusing and you can’t beat dual sword-and-bell wielding, bells that can land you into death modeled after the Egyptian afterlife
- GREAT CHARACTERS AND DEVELOPMENT: all the characters are forced to carry a duty and some succeed whilst others don’t but that’s okay because being born into a society doesn’t necessarily mean you belong there
- GOOD ROMANCE: it’s subtle and forged out of friendship and trust and doesn’t define any of the characters or control any of the events in the story
- NEW BOOKS COMING SOON: including Clariel which is a prequel based on Chlorr of the Mask WHO WAS AN ABHORSEN WHO TURNED EVIL!! like how awesome does that sound give me all the downward spirals for female necromancers AND there’s apparently going to be a sequel to the series too!!
- POSSIBLE FILM IN THE MAKING: which means if you wanna get on that fandom first get on it now
- IT’S JUST REALLY GREAT?? despite it being marketed as a YA book it’s still riveting and mature enough for older audiences (I think I might appreciate it more now that I’m older tbh) just UNF
you know when you listen to a song a whole bunch of times and there is that one line that you never understand and then one day heaven above opens and shines the light and you finally know the words and it’s like an epiphany
you mean every fall out boy song ever written
Do you ever look up from reading a book and get disoriented because you’re actually in your bedroom or class or somewhere that isn’t the story?
I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE OMG
Page 1 of 213